Resize Icons / Pins - A Workaround

Hi guys,

@Maury and I were talking about the size of icon PNGs and we found a little workaround to resize your icons.
Maybe that’s for your interest:

infologo infologo2

This both png files have the same size 300x300 px, but the icon on the right is just made smaller (the transparent area is bigger).
Maphub seems to display that correctly, transparent areas are not blocking each other on the map.
Only thing, the label of the icon is docked on the outside of the transparent area. So, you have a small area between the icon and the label.

Here are also three threads that mentioned icon resizing: fyi

Greetings,
Michel

Thanks for sharing this, it is exactly the right way to have small icons. Basically whatever you upload as a transparent PNG gets trasformed into an icon, so you can just add transparent “margin” around your icon and it’ll be smaller.

Only thing, the label of the icon is docked on the outside of the transparent area. So, you have a small area between the icon and the label.

Can you explain what does this mean?

1 Like

Here, an example:

example

I just noticed, I can put the symbol of the icon always on the top part of the PNG:

example2

Here the new 300x300px png:
infologo3

That’s the spot for the symbol:
sample

1 Like

Yes, that’s a great find! The popup is always positioned exactly at the top center of the icon!