MapHub on a Smartphone

Hello once again.

I have two questions about MapHub and how it works on Smartphones:
1 - Do you plan on creating an app?
2 - When I open a shared link of a map on a Smartphone, it resets the base map. It works wonderfully on all computers, but I have as base map “Thunderforest-Outdoors” and when I open the link on a phone the map is all there, except that the base map is “MapHub-Classic”.

JoĂŁo Gomes

Hello JoĂŁo,

Thanks for writing. No mobile app at this point. We’ll work on polishing the web app so that it works well on mobile phones instead.

You issue nr. 2. sounds strange. It really shouldn’t be like this. Does this also happen when you open a map from the Explore page? For example the “Soaringclub Präbichl” one? What mobile phone are you using?

I am using Honor 8X android smartphone. I want to use this app on my smartphone, So can you tell me how can I get it for my smartphone.

I do not understand … does not bother anyone that in the mobile version of the map is absolutely impossible(!) to use if you have enabled the sidebar). The sidebar is very large and there is no button “remove panel”. Please make the button “show/remove” panel in embedded map on mobile devices( of course i mean button for users who view the page).

Hi Maksimon,

Maphub is right now still in the Beta/Developing, it has already done huge steps regarding the mobile use and there is much more incoming, but this takes time :slight_smile:

The panel hide button went on the request list 3 weeks ago. Here is the thread that could be interesting for you:

Greetings Michel

1 Like

Looking forward to updates).

Hi @maksimon and welcome to the forum.

How the embed works on a mobile device it totally to the website’s owner, not to MapHub. If someone creates a very narrow embed and enables the panel, it might not be possible to use, yes. But you can always rotate the phone to landscape mode so the layout is better.

I’ll add the sidebar adjustment buttons to embed view though, so that at least it helps many problems like this.

1 Like

I really hope that this is not a “adjustment”). Please let it be “show / hide panel” … something similar to how it is done in the admin panel. Please! This is an important distinction to us!

Hi, I’ve added panel collapse buttons in embed, can you check it out? @maksimon, here adjustment means toggling its shown/collapsed state.

3 Likes

Gorgeous!:+1: Thank you so much!

Fantastic !!

G’day!

This is all regarding embedded maphubs:

• I noticed, the Maphub-logo doesn’t move back to the right side of the screen, after collapsing the panel.

• Request:
    It would be nice if the embedded map start with hidden panel. Like on the maphub website.
    It looks nicer and doesn’t go in conflict with the starting zoom level* of the map.

*(if the map starts with open panel, the screen size is only the half for the actually map and it zooms out a lot to cover all pins. If you collapse the panel then, you are zoomed far out.
As you implemented this cool feature of “SIMPLIFY MAP”, is seems to stand in conflict with the panel.)

• And a question for everybody:
    Does anyone have an idea or recommendations to work with iPhones function to zoom into a website.
    Because if you accidentally zoom in into the website where you embedded the maphub map, you once see only the embedded map and loose control to scroll up or down on the website.
    If you zoomed in too much, you can’t see the static buttons of the embedded map nor the edge of the map, so you lose the ability to zoom out again and you’re stucked in zooming only the map.
    (hope my problem is not to difficult described :slight_smile: )

Edit:
on adroid is also a website zoom function, but this happens to me only on iPhone, don’t know why.

One more, regarding embedded :wink:

• There seems to be different effects when scrolling inside an item pop-up, depending on the browser you use:

Firefox Focus: you are scrolling inside the pop-up and the main website at once.
Safari: scrolling inside the pop-up till the end of text, then scrolling the website.
Chromium: scrolling only inside the item pop-up, no website movement.

The version of scrolling ONLY inside the pop-up, or not scrolling the website at all by clicking on a pop-up (also for pop-ups with no text to scroll), works for me the best.
Is there an easy way to control this behavior on all browsers?

Hi @Michel

Thanks for your detailed reports about the embed, and also for being active in the forum recently.

I’ve summarised the issues as follows:

• logo not moving with panel
  • “start hidden” option when using panel
  • scrolling issues

For iPhone it’s always tricky, but you can zoom out using buttons on the user interface, if they are visible. For example the panel, the zoom buttons, etc. I’m also an iPhone user and this is a problem on all websites with map widgets.

Regarding scrolling issues, thanks for letting me know about them. Did you try these browsers on iOS or Android or they were on Windows/Mac? Also, did you scroll using the “Read More” button or by touch scrolling / swiping on the screen? Is this behaviour visible on your website?

Hi Zsolt

Your welcome, I’m happy about every progress and optimization.
And it also makes Maphub for me better and better :slight_smile:

“I’ve summarised the issues as follows:”

Yes that’s it.

“Did you try these browsers on iOS or Android or they were on Windows/Mac?”

All on mobiles:
Firefox Focus + Chromium on Android 8.0.0.
Safari on iOS 12.3.1

“Also, did you scroll using the “Read More” button or by touch scrolling / swiping on the screen?”

The “read more” button works perfectly, it’s only touch scrolling / swiping on the screen.

“Is this behaviour visible on your website?”

Yes, especially on mobile devices.
The embed scrolling on a Desktop PC / chrome browser is like on iOS safari:
"scrolling inside the pop-up till the end of text, then scrolling the website."

Regarding the zoom:

“I’m also an iPhone user and this is a problem on all websites with map widgets.”

Yes, I can imagine.
If I accidentally zoomed in to much, I open an item pop-up and zoom out on that. Not perfect, but works out for now.
One thing I have in mind; it would be nice, if clicking on an embedded map the website zoom goes always to 100%.
But I guess this is programming on my side / site :slight_smile:

Hi, embed logo positioning is now fixed!

I added a closed / hidden option for embed panel in the embed wizard. “Legend” has also been renamed to “Info”.

2 Likes