I Would Like to See Some Additional Design Features

I have a few questions and/or requests I’d like to convey to you:

1. On my Brea’s Art in Public Places map I would like to have a label superimposed over each of the 15 sections of my map that would read, for example, “Tour 1” “Tour 2” and so on. If it could be in a color that stands out, that would be even better yet.
  2. In lieu of the icons that are presently available, could I instead have numbers 1 - 16? I would want those numbers to appear permanently on each balloon upon opening the map. I don’t want to have to keep hitting the plus sign to increase the size of the map in order to have the icon change from a colored dot into a balloon.
  3. Each Tour # with it’s corresponding color on the map would be even more helpful if the listing to the right could correspondingly be that same color all the way from left to right.
  4. Will we ever have an option to use different fonts with different sizes?
  5. I have 15 tour areas, but there are only 14 colors. Will more colors be forthcoming?
  6. Lastly, will there ever be an undo button? It seems that quite often when I attempt to create a map area I make an error and have to completely start over.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide me.

Hi Terry, I’ve moved this question to a separate thread as you’ve asked many things.

1. For that, have you tried the Label (T) tool?
  2. For that, just adjust the “Simplify Map” level. You can upload numbers as PNG images to the custom markers.
    3.-4. We were not planning to support that
  3. Yes, a color mixer is coming now.
  4. Yes, there will be support for “map versions”, where you can go back in history and restore a previous version of your map.

Thanks so much for your help, Zsolt. I’ve accomplished everything but the PNG files. I don’t know how to do that. What I want to have is #'s 1 - 14 to use to enumerate the balloons on each tour. I’ll keep looking for ways to figure out how.

PNG’s are photo images that you can use without the a background. So the number you add to your marker wont have a background attached, it will just be a number. Try using gimp or photoshop.