Bug reports

Hi, That’s great! Thank you for responding and for fixing the issue, it’s massively appreciated :blush:

Thanks for reporting it, and sorry for the downtime!

1 Like

Quick Report,

On larger maps (4-5k points) saving can take upwards of five minutes. I don’t know if this is just because of the larger maps, but I thought I would just let you know!

Posted elsewhere, but may be better here

I’m experimenting with image embed syntax in the description rather than uploads, which will be limited under the free plan. Using an embed also make it easy to upload from a spreadsheet.
However, I’m finding this results in two problems - first, the image is now under the title and description rather than above, when the image is uploaded. Second, the description line length is longer than picture width. Examples here Clerkenwell Heritage by davidwilcox · MapHub
See Spa Green Estate item for correct display with an uploaded image.
See Smithfield Market for example where I have put the image link above the description. The description line length is still a problem.
Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Eliot,

I think that 4-5 minutes might be related to the speed of the internet connection. Can you send me a link to the map so I can check how slow is it?

Hi David,

The Markdown image embedding is extremely limited, as I have no idea about the resolution of those images. There is a reason I’m only pointing it out to advanced users as it’s really not simple or beatiful.

I’ve spend weeks and weeks just refining the “Upload” functionality. It resizes the images to multiple sizes, selects the best to each device (mobile/tablet/computer) and each aspect ratio. Simple said, there is a lot of advanced work going on behind the “Upload” button to make it look nice.

One thing you can possibly do thought: add a line like:

# Smithfield Market

under the image, then it shows up like a title. But the top title still has to be there, so it’s not really perfect, but just a way to add a title under an image.

Thanks Zsolt - that explains why upload is better!

Adding points at the ends of the line by Ctr clicking on the endpoints is not working, so extending lines is now not possible

Hi Rami,

Thanks for reporting, I’ve just tried it and it works for me. What browser are you using? What operating system?

I am using chrome on windows 10, and I tried it on different computer, it doesn’t work.
I am unable to extend an existing line by adding new points, I hold the Ctrl button and click on the end point, and all it does is let you drag that end point (similar result without holding Ctrl) , it doesn’t let you add more point.

I am trying to map the itinerary of a ship, using the line function. It’s a circumnavigation across the globe, so the line will eventually meet around at the departing point. I made it two thirds the way but if I try to continue the line, instead of going the direction intended (west) it’ll go the other direction (east) all the way to wrap around and arrive where I am trying to place the dot. In other words, instead of going the shorter way, it goes the longest way possible. I have tried placing dots closer and moving them after, and the trick worked earlier but now it’s not working at all. Help.

Hi,

Can you write to us on https://maphub.net/contact/support ?

Kind regards,
Zsolt