Will there be more icons to choose from? :-)

Hi Lucian

I’m am not able to add any icons - I am just a normal user of MapHub. You should ask hyperknot who is the creator of MapHub :slight_smile:

/Bjørn

Hi Lucian,

Yes, I will add them!

hyperknot,

Thank you!

Bjørn,

Ahha, I must be too excited!
hyperknot is our hero. Cheers.

Hi Lucian,

I added them!

Hi hyperknot,
Just wondering if there is a way to number the items? (Or include icons with numbers?)

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, label is exactly for this purpose. You can type in anything, including simple numbers.

Yes, but I would like the item itself to have a number if that is possible. So I could refer to an item using a number and someone could find it easily on the map without having to click each item open. Does that make sense? It would be great if you could add your own numbers as an “icon” on the item so you can see them all on the map at once.

I made a note about them and if more users would also like to have them then I’ll add it.
My problem is that if we add all numbers, why not add all letters as well, and then we have a crazy amount of icons to choose from. The UI needs to be simple, so it’s tricky to implement it well.

Hello!

I find that numbering the items or including items with numbers is very necessary, I have found myself needing this feature a few times, especially when I want to export the map as a .jpg and not interactive.

Has there been any progress or decision on this matter?

Thanks!

Hi Ainhoa! What kind of numbering would you prefer? 1-10 or 1-100 inside a marker?

Hello Zsolt! I would prefer 1-100. I’m working with ranges larger than 10.

Thank you!!

1 Like

I’ll look into how is it possible to put numbers 1-100 into such a small icon, it’s a bit tricky but definitely possible.

Hi Hyperknot,

I was wondering if symbols could be added to represent the military, police, an NGO, an international organisation, and private companies.

Below are the ones that were provided elsewhere but MapHub’s mapping system is just so much better, so would be amazing to have these extra symbols if possible.

1 Like

Hi jdathan,

If you can recommend some icons from I can look into integrating them:

OK, great - thank you.

What about these?: international (from Material “public”), Police (from Maki “police”), Private (from Maki “suitcase”), Military (from Font Awesome “fighter jet”), NGO (from Maki “ranger station”):

Thank you!!

1 Like

I am looking for icons such as a PC screen and a printer to show what facilities are available. Also are you able to add multiple icons per marker?

Custom icons are now possible on MapHub. You can read about it detail in the following post:

can you please add just one icon for road construction, or street blocked
i have tried adding one with the custom icon, but custom icons never will never look and feel like the default icons… especially the way the icons overlap… for now i am using the picnic icon as a “street blocked due to construction” sign :slight_smile:

Hey, could you please add these 3 icons? Thank you a lot!

Bus

Tram

Train

As the number of icons increases it will probly be good to group them in categories.