Total Ascent

Is there any way of finding the ‘total ascent’ for a route created on MapHub? I run a website, Hertfordshire Walker, which offers 270+ free walks in the Hertfordshire Countryside - all contain MapHub maps.

Currently, when I create a route, I click on the route as an ‘item’ in MapHub to find the ‘length’ of that route, but I don’t know how to calculate the total ascent of the walk on the MapHub site.

For example: In the case of my latest route, Walk 275, clicking on ‘item’ when on the walk page for Walk 275 on MapHub, and then on the route, reveals that the walk is 6.97 km / 4.33 mi, but I can’t find the ‘total ascent’.

At the moment I have to download the GPX file for the route, upload it to my Ordnance Survey (OS) app, then check the details there where the OS app shows me that same route is 91.15m total ascent.

It would be great if I could find that information within MapHub rather than having to export the GPX into the OS app.

If not, no problem, I just wondered whether there was an easy way.

Once again, a big thanks to Zsolt and the MapHub team for such an amazing tool. :slightly_smiling_face:

Dave (Brewer) - Founder and editor of Hertfordshire Walker