Highlighting points over others

First of all, thanks for your job. The project of MapHub it’s amazing.

I create a map with two diferents entities, this entities are in two diferent groups, Can I highlight one over the other? If it is not possible, how can I highlight some points on others?

There´s the blue ones (to highlight), and the green ones.

Hi, can you explain a bit more about what do you mean by “highlight one over the other”?

Thanks for your answer, and sorry for my english :pensive:

I try to explain:

On my map I have two types of points: green and blue, and I would like to highlight blues over greens. There are only two blue dots, one is only in the Canary Islands, but the second, in Valencia, is surrounded by nine green dots, so at first sight of the map is not seen.

Is it possible to stand out that blue dot on the rest of the greens?

Thanks again for your time.

I suppose that MicroBioSpain speaks about ovelapping markers:

Blue marker was the first, then I added the orange one. And I can’t change order no more — the orange one will overlap the blue one because it was added later.

I suppose this have to be changed in layers, like the typical “layers” in PS.

Thanks Igor for explain it. That is exactly what happens. I tried to put the blue point first and then the green points, and vice versa, as layers, but the problem still existed.

Ah, you want to change the order of the items! It’s very simple, you can reorder them by dragging and dropping in the right side panel, exactly like in Photoshop!

ScreenFlow

Does that solve your problem?

… but how?

That doesn’t work for me!

P.S. Check for font change while dragging! Haven’t noticed before!

ezgif-1-8586a147f3d8

Thanks for your answers. I tried like @igormakovsky and no change.

Thanks again for your work.

I’ll check what is happening, it was never a problem for me. Can you tell me what browser are you using and what is your OS?

latest chrome on mac 10.11.6

That’s very strange, possible something with WebGL. Can you replicate it on a map with only two points?

Hello again

I have created a new map with two points.

I am using Windows 8.1, with Chrome 70.0.3538.102. and I tried too with: Firefox Quantum 63.0.3 and Opera 56.0.3051.104.

And the result is the same.

Thanks again for your work.

Thanks a lot! I was able to replicate based on this map! I’ll check out what is happening!

Thanks for the information.

I came to the forum searching for a solution to this site-overlap problem. Changing the order of the groups in the right panel does not change the color of the icons in the map for sites that have two data points. Our map’s function is to communicate the results of our volunteer stream monitoring programs. Some sites have chemical AND biological (aquatic bug) data from two different programs and we’d like the “chemical” site rating color to display on top of the “biological” site rating color.
(Chrome Version 72.0.3626.119, MacOS Mohave Version 10.14.3)

Great product, BTW. We’re a small nonprofit changing to this service from a volunteer-managed web map. It’s so nice to be able to manage this one in-house and have improved functionality. We appreciate your hard work, Z!

Hi everyone subscribed to this thread, this bug has finally been fixed!

Now the map’s visual display respects the order of the items in the right side bar, including the order of the groups as well!

One thing to note is that custom PNG markers will always appear above the built-in markers. Their ordering will also respect the right side bar.

@MicroBioSpain and @igormakovsky thanks for the report!

@EQI does this solve your problem?

It sure does. Thanks a million!