Embedding maps on Medium

Hi there!

I wanted to see if I could embed a map on a Medium post, but according to Medium’s Help Center page on embeds, they do not support embed codes and instead just require a URL. It looks like this can only be done with embed providers supported through Embed.ly, and I didn’t see MapHub on the list of supported providers.

This is what I currently see when I try to paste the URL in a Medium post:

I know MapHub’s blog is on Medium, but I couldn’t find any instances of an embedded map in a post - is this something you’re planning on supporting in the future? (Apologies if this has already been asked or addressed, let me know if so!)

Thank you!

Hi Nikki and welcome on the forum.

Unfortuantely this is not an easy problem to solve. Medium only lists a few select providers which have been accepted to Embed.ly’s platform. I’ll try to sign up for Embed.ly and start the process of adding Maphub as an accepted embed provider.

Then MapHub would be allowed on Medium.

And to answer your second question, yes, we are on Medium but all our embeds are basically screenshots / anim GIFs.

Hi Zsolt, thanks for your reply. I appreciate you looking into becoming an accepted provider on Embed.ly, that would be great! Keep us posted. :slight_smile: