Downloaded map image not rending properly

Hi,

I am trying to download the latest map for my walking site, Hertfordshire Walker using the larger download size (3072x2304), but there are large white spaces where the map should be (please see image below).

I am using the Thunderforest Outdoor map which has worked perfectly for me more than 200 times before. It downloads and renders properly when I choose the smallest (1536x1152) size, but not with the largest size or with the medium (2304x1728) size.

Is it a temporary server issue or something I am doing wrong?

David
Editor Hertfordshire Walker

Still having problems with the downloaded basemap Thunderforest Outdoor not rendering properly.

I am using a different basemap until I can figure out how to fix this.

David

I have found a work-around by simply creating a screen-grab of the map. But I am wondering whether the problem is that I might have exceeded my limit? I have 220 walks and each has two sizes of the map as well as an embed. Could that be the problem? Am I creating too many?

Hi David,

This is 100% not related to your map or even MapHub. Those grey boxes appear because Thunderforest had some performance issues on their server. Can you try clicking the Save button on the map again? That should trigger a new image generation, which should - hopefully - be without the grey boxes this time.

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining Zsolt. Good to know. I did try saving quite a few times, and have just done so again and the grey boxes are still there. But no problem now I know it’s not my fault. I will just do screen grabs until the Thunderforest performance issues are resolved. Thanks for taking the trouble to explain.

Davidd

Hi David,

I was able to replicate the boxes and found a fix for them. Can you try re-saving now?

Zsolt

2 Likes

Wow, genius. Thanks so much Zsolt. You have fixed it! Wonderful. It’s working perfectly now.

David