Adding pictures to Items

solved

(Zsolt Ero) #21

Hi Socialcfi,

In flickr you need to do the following to get the URL of an image.

1. Click the download button
  2. View all sizes
  3. Right click on a reasonable size (like 640x), and select “Copy Link Address” or something similar in your browser.

Like this:

Depending on the image this might or might not work, unfortunately.

The good news is that in the next version of MapHub there will be direct photo uploading!

Thanks! Do you know when the next version will be ready? I’d like to use this app for a work project, because I prefer the functionality of this one rather than Google Maps, but it will require images.

(Zsolt Ero) #23

Hopefully in less than a month’s time. In the meanwhile you can upload pictures to some image sharing website like imgur.com and link them as described in this thread.

(Allard) #24

Hi Zsolt! I was wondering if it is also possible to add a video to a point, other then just pasting a link that redirects you to a different page. So directly a video in the description area of a point. Thanks in Advance!

(Zsolt Ero) #25

Hi Allard,

With iframe embeds it might be possible to embed Youtube and Vimeo videos soon!

Zsolt

(Abby Beck) #26

Hello, I am trying to create an annotated map with pictures and information about each spot. My images are 720 x 405, but when I add them to the map, they shrink down and are not legible. Is there a way to resize the image box? Or am I uploading them incorrectly? Thanks!

(minaxee) #27

hello,

i have tried to add a picture as per some of the instructions above!
but its not worked!
it just keeps coming up with a link to the picture - so to the site which i have uploaded it onto?
see below screen shot
Thanks

(Abby Beck) #28

You need to add the following in front of the link:
![]

(Zsolt Ero) #34

Image uploading has been implemented now with MapHub Images. You can read about it in detail in the following post: