Select/Multi-select as Guest?

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add the Select and Multi-select tools when viewing a public map as a guest? I have added some bus routes to my map and it’s useful to be able to highlight a certain area/road to see which routes use it. For example, if there was a road closure, it would be good for someone to view the map, highlight the closure area and know which routes pass through that area. At the moment, this can only be done when you’re logged in and viewing on of your own maps. It would be brilliant if this feature was available for guest users if that’s possible.

Really loving the way all of my data is being displayed on MapHub - such an easy and clean interface. :slight_smile:

Many thanks!

Hi Ross,

The select tools and the whole edit panel is currently only loaded when you are editing a map, so it’s not really possible. Also, it wouldn’t work with small iframe embeds and touch screens so much, I think it’s a very specialized use case.

I presumed that all of the editing tools would probably be loaded together for map owners only, but thought I’d check.

I’ve seen some other maps shared here that have been for hotels/travelling/etc. and I thought it would maybe be useful on that type of map too - if someone is going to a certain part of a city, they could select all of the hotels/hostels in that part of the city and see the names of them highlighted within the group. It would save going through each individual icon to check the names, I suppose.

Is there a way they could only be loaded if the map was being viewed within a normal browser window and keep them hidden for when it was embedded and where space would be limited?

Is there a way they could only be loaded if the map was being viewed within a normal browser window and keep them hidden for when it was embedded and where space would be limited?

Yes, it is a possibility in the future. Right now, there are some very high priority features I’m working on, and I’ll need to concentrate on those first.

That’s great, thanks. :slight_smile: