Request: Read-only User Access

Hey,

Another feature request from me, if you think it might be worthwhile/possible.

It would be good if the map could be set to semi-private, where the owner user could add a list of usernames/email address to allow access to the map on a read-only basis.

I guess that might be possible with collaborative users, which I believe is being worked on - but it would be useful for when a map needs to be internal to an organisation, but with only one central account being able to edit it.

Hi Ross,

I’ve just shipped exactly this feature! It’s not even announced yet, can you have a look? It’s under “Set visibility” button.

Zsolt

1 Like

Hi Zsolt,

Looks good to me! I think I’d ideally want an option to embed the map with the ‘Selected Users’ option (perhaps with a security key or a whitelisted URL?), but I appreciate that might not be possible.

The ‘Unlisted’ option is a great addition and that will certainly be what I use for now. :slight_smile:

Many thanks,
Ross

Hi Ross,

Yes, that’s also a good idea. I’ll launch MapHub collaborative now, and look at user’s feature requests, and if many users would prefer that (or password protected embeds), I can add it.

Zsolt

1 Like