Issues with Mobile Viewing on Iphone

We created a map and embedded on our website and everything works fine with the desktop site. However with the mobile site it seems to work with Android devices but not on Iphone. Anyone else have these issues?

1 Like

Hi @Kayla_NFED, thanks for reporting this. I am personally using an iPhone and I didn’t find this problem. Can you tell me a bit more about the error you are experiencing? What part of the map doesn’t work?

I am also using iPhone and I am facing the same issue while viewing this map on my iPhone. I am looking for some guidance about it which will be helpful for me. If you get the solution for its kindly share it with me here.

Hi John, there should be no more issues on mobile phones. MapHub should work well on both iPhone and Android devices. Have a look at the blog post below. If you still have any issues on mobile phone, please explain it a bit more and possibly include a screenshot as well.

Thanks for your reply.
I will must read this guide and share my opinion with you.

Hey,

Yea, there is something different between android and iphones.

on my android it works, no issues at all.
on iphone, the button to enable the interactive, just doesn’t seem to do much, here’s a video: https://sharefiles.app/download/ca9e9a19e1e59c4b3b8341c09bb669c5913df42c
eventually it works, but it’s difficult

Cheers

Hi Nova,

Can you share a link to the webpage which is visible in the video? I can only debug this if I can try the website on an iPhone.

Hey,

Sure. It’s holyfamilyinegypt.com, about half way down.

Cheers

Thanks for sharing that, I could reproduce it. I think it’s something on the website which is blocking it, maybe the Google Translate selector or something similar.

Here is a page with nothing but the embed and it always works: https://files.hyperknot.com/2019/holyembed.html

I believe this can only be fixed on your website / theme.

Hey,

Okey, thanks for confirming that.
We’ve checked across the devices, and it seems to affect only iphones. Macbooks, windows, androids - all works fine.

Any idea what could it be?

EDIT: Interesting. I’ve disabled Google Translate, and everything else I can, and it’s still the same. It affects both Chrome and Safari on iphones, which is stranger still

Cheers

1 Like

I might have a go at checking it in Chrome, but in Safari I didn’t see anything covering it.