Copyright for a booklet

Hi,
I use MapHub maps on my walks site, Hertfordshire Walker, and I give the attribution for the images as advised in the pop-up box when I download the map images (see grab below).
I now want to create a small booklet of a dozen walks from my local pub using images from MapHub.
Am I allowed to use the maps in the booklet with the same attribution?

Thanks
David

Yes, definitely! I belive you don’t need to do anything more, if you want, you don’t even need to include the MapHub part, but it’s nice if you do so.

For a detailed description about how to credit OpenStreetMap maps when printing, have a look at their official page: https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright

Oh, and if you mention MapHub, please write it like “MapHub.net” (without space, with .net) so that readers have a chance of finding it online).

Excellent answer. Told me all I need to know. I will make sure the link is written in full in the booklet. And I will create a page at the end with all the copyright and Creative Commons details required. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. David

Thank you so much for making the website and creating the booklet. I hope one day I can take some of those walks, when I lived in London I cycled to Cambridge through some really nice areas, I must have crossed some of your walks.

1 Like

Perhaps one day you will. The Woodman is my local, sadly now closed. It’s a regular award winner for its four guest real ales. I decided to create the booklet for those who enjoy great beer and walking. It’s not a money-spinner, in fact we don’t plan to make money off it. Just want to help more people enjoy walking and a great pint. Make sure you visit next time you are in the area. Here is their TripAdvisor page. The food is basic pub grub - the beer is to die for.

1 Like